Sixteen things organizations need to know about the impact of liquid fuels on communities as oil prices hike and availability wanes…
Click on the link or title to download the white paper on POWERDOWN.
For officers in the public and private sector alike, this paper describes the 16 aspects of the coming energy situation that organisations need to consider in order to begin to craft energy depletion management strategies.
Here they are…
- Oil pervades from raw material to product
- Demand will outstrip supply sooner or later.
- The issue is a liquid fuels one.
- No easy replacement is available.
- Moral challenges will overshadow technical issues.
- The main challenge is to maintain the carrying capacity of the Earth on less fuel.
- An economic slowdown – or worse – results from energy depletion.
- Huge supply chains will power down.
- Beware of the trap of looking for a technical solution.
- Human muscle power and animal power will re-emerge as part of the economy.
- Powerdown strategies for cultural change are starting to emerge.
- Culture change measures offer several benefits.
- Two other likely responses: Demand restriction and city re-planning.
- Less than a 20-year time frame for mitigation could seriously impact living standards.
- It is better to start mitigation early than late.
- The strategic question is how quickly your organization can respond effectively to fuel supply shortfalls