Ekotopia is a centre for sustainability situated just outside Aneby, 3,5 hours drive south of Stockholm. Designed originally as a place where sustainability principles were both practically demonstrated and developed, it is now developing into a conference centre and regional support centre. It offers top of the range lecture facilities with overnight accommodation, small meeting rooms and temporary offices. For assistance, companies can call in with a wide range of environment and sustainability problems.
- Lecture room and restaurant
- Large windows give spacious feeling throughout
- Solar panels on south facing wall
- Offices and group rooms in next building
- Moss roof doubles as insulation and rainwater filter
- Deciduous wood of the type growing locally is used extensively. Here as wall covering, with explanation.
- Restaurant interior of recycled bricks from local train station
- Glass paneled doors recycled from local council headquarters
- Traditional 19th Century building moved here – meeting place with atmosphere