Well I am not going to be paid, that is for sure, there are so many experts out there that get down to the fine nitty gritty.
Look. I like theoretical stuff. When I worked for a large corporation I enjoyed working with the corporate management system, multi-project management methodology, aligning mission, strategy, goals and activities, finding ways to capture, document and follow up. In fact, creating an information cockpit so you could smoothly fly a nation’s activities would be something I would love to tthingk about.
But just now I am unemployed and the theoretical, analytic side of me needs to keep going. I need the intellectual stimulation like others need jigsaw puzzles. Oh, yes, the TV is broken too.
Some people collect stamps, others antiques, me I collect systemic ideas. Hey – it’s free country! And the Internet is free!
For me, I just want to understand the system I am living under. I never studied economics and I do not understand the newspapers. In fact, if you search the web you do not find a lot of high – level explanations and general discussions of the type I feel I need.
This is on my mind just now:
- What is capitalism?
- Why is it seen to be so good?
- What about it is creating the “error” as the picture suggests?
- Can it be fixed in parts or does it need a re-design? (Re-engineering the capitalist system sounds like a cool theoretical exercise and discussion)
- Specifically I hope to understand where capitalism as a system or system of practice is causing society to behave counter-sustainably.
- If I can find that, maybe we can start to apply some sensible fixes.
Maybe. Or at least I will have enjoyed myself.
Let me know if you enjoy following my journey and if you have any suggestions for where to find information and perspective.